Now Get Soak in Lavish Milk & Honey Bath At Home
Weekends are synonymous with longer and more luxurious baths. Especially if you are lucky enough to have a tub in your bathroom. Nothing’s better than indulging in a nice hot soak and simply letting your worries flow away. Now, while you are at it, why not add some natural ingredients to your tub that can help keep your skin healthy and radiant?
Believe it or not, lavish baths are not a modern ritual. In fact, they are a phenomenon that was religiously followed by Kings & Queens of the past.
For instance, one of the most popular of them all was Queen Cleopatra, the last pharaoh of Ancient Egypt. She was renowned worldwide for her beauty, and it seems one of her best-kept beauty secrets was to regularly soak in luxurious milk & honey baths. It is believed that she soaked herself in sour donkey milk and honey to enhance her complexion and to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. She would insist on keeping a herd of 700 lactating donkeys on hand at any time. In fact, not just her but many other royals also followed suit in indulging in this soak every once in a while.
While we might not have Cleopatra’s riches, or a ready store of donkeys, we can aim for her beauty at least. Which is why we’ve dug deep into whether a milk and honey bath is really all that magical. What we found may just make you a fan of this ritual. So, here’s how you can adopt this fancy bath to your skincare routine, right at home!
Steps to take a milk & honey bath:
- Pour about 1 cup of whole milk (cow’s milk will do the trick) into a small jar. Add ¼ cup honey and mix well.
- Make sure no honey is settled at the bottom of the jar.
- Get your warm bath ready. Make sure the water is not too hot but just right for you to soak in.
- Whilst the water is running, add the milk and honey mixture and mix well.
- Get into the water and soak yourself for at least 15 minutes.
- Once soaked, rinse yourself with water and a gentle body wash.
- Use Santoor Glowing Skin Body Wash, packed with the goodness of sandalwood extracts and wild turmeric.
- Pat dry and moisturize!
Benefits of a milk & honey bath:
- Milk is a natural source of alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA). We are sure you have heard of this ingredient as AHAs are being used widely in the skincare industry.
- AHAs penetrate the skin’s upper layer to remove dead skin cells. This exfoliation stimulates the skin and helps regenerate healthy skin cells.
- Honey is naturally anti-bacterial which helps keep any acne-causing bacteria at bay.
- It is also full of antioxidants, which help repair the skin and protect it against oxidative and environmental change.
So, if you are still wondering if you should take the leap and indulge in this extravagant bath, we’d say give it a shot! The mixture will last 1-2 days after making it, so it’s best to make a small batch each time. You will notice that your skin feels softer, smoother and rejuvenated after one soak. No wonder, Queen Cleopatra was a fan. Make this bath a part of your weekly TLC, not only for the relaxing effects but also to bring about an energizing change in your complexion.